top of page

Life's too short to spend it in the bathroom

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) affects an estimate 11% of the world. In as many as 2/3 of the cases, the causes are unknown and treatment success is intermittent or unpredictable and may involve drastic changes in diet and unpleasant medication side effects that impact other areas of your life.

In recent years, research on biofeedback has shown significant effectiveness in the treatment of IBS. One study in 2014 showed that nearly 70% of the participants experienced FULL REMISSION of symptoms and the other 30% reported improvement (Stern, Guiles, & Gevirtz, 2014).

According to the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), the international society for researching and advancing the practice of biofeedback, biofeedback training has been shown to be "very helpful in teaching people to recognize and control the overreactions [in their bowels,] in addition to recognizing "when their intestinal tract is about to react abnormally - before they would normally notice symptoms," which is then used to prevent the flare up from occurring in the first place.

Biofeedback is non-invasive and medication free.

Side effects often include: improved sleep, less stress, and longevity.

Ready to stop spending so much time in the bathroom or worrying about your next flair up?

Schedule your free consultation for biofeedback today at Marrero Psychology.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page